2009 - Present
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), Oak Ridge, TN
Senior Web Designer / Project Manager
- Direct and implement the creative/user experience vision for web and mobile products for agencies and departments of the U.S. Federal Government.
- Manage user experience, usability, and concept validation studies for various web and mobile products. Studies range from individual interviews to focus groups.
- Clients include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and the United States Preventive Services Task Force.
- Other duties include designing/implementing analytics and campaign tracking, ensuring accessibility standards (Section 508) are met, and managing matrixed teams as an Agile Product Owner.
2006 - 2009
Cariten Healthcare, Knoxville, TN
Web Marketing Strategist / Project Manager
- Created and managed strategies to improve marketing efforts and sales channels through the company’s five different websites, e-mail and traditional print channels.
- Gathered marketing intelligence concerning the aforementioned websites by means of focus groups, surveys and web traffic analysis.
- Implemented web analytics technologies and processes to establish baseline statistics, facilitate ongoing reporting, and estimate return on investment.
- Coordinated efforts to meet the web-based accreditation requirements imposed by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Medicare/Medicaid, and other regulatory bodies.
2001 - 2006
DjGj PhotoDesign, Norwalk, CT & Knoxville, TN
Web / Graphic Design Consultant
- Designed and developed e-mail marketing campaigns for technology and apparel companies.
- Designed various brand identities, including logos and letterhead layouts.
- Designed and implemented websites and web applications for a variety of clients.
1999 - 2001
Eutectics Corporation, Norwalk, CT
User Experience / Creative Director
- Directed the creation and implementation of the user experience for the company’s flagship web- based learning management system (LMS).
1997 - 1999
Conduit Communications, Ltd., London, UK & Amsterdam, NL
- Designed and implemented UI/UX design for a multi-national clientele, including Royal Dutch Shell, WPP, and Fortis Bank.
- Helped to establish a new regional office in Amsterdam to interface more directly with clients.
- Created the design concept for a company-wide knowledge base and intranet for Fortis Bank.
1995 - 1997
ECCubed, Inc., Wilton, CT
Graphic Designer / Web Developer
- Worked as a part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for delivering web-based solutions for clients such as the Juran Institute and the Gartner Group.
- Developed web-based training modules for the Gartner Group.
- Designed web-based animations honoring the 1996 Olympics, which were highlighted in PC Magazine